Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hello English 12 classes

Food for thought

Your uncle Timmie was driving home from work late one foggy night when suddenly a cow appeared in the roadway.  Unable to stop in time,  he ran into the cow at 45 miles an hour instantly killing bot the cow and uncle Timmie.  Would you eat the steaks that came from the cow that caused poor old uncle Timmie his life?

I'll be checking for your responses.  See you Thursday 4A.

Mrs. Nickens

25 comments:

Unknown said...

I would nit eat the cow that caused the demise of my uncle Timmie. The reason I would not eat the cow is because each time I would take a bite, I would be reminded of the fact that the cow died along with my uncle. Although it was neither my uncle's or the cow's fault that my uncle was killed, I would blame the cow that I no longer am able to see my uncle Timmie.

BlackGirlsSpeak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I would have eaten the cow, because it took my Uncle Timmie's life.That's is just how life gose everything has to go and some point. It was time for my uncle to go as will as the cow that killed him. Easy as that, yes I will be very destroy that I will never see him again. But I won't see that cow neither.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda Bravo said...

I wouldn't eat the steaks that caused my uncle Timmie's death for the fact that I would be reminded about my uncles death in every bite. It's basically eating roadkill, and I'm too squeamish to eat roadkill and I would have left the cow because it is food for vultures. In this situation it wouldn't be right eating cow. For example, if your dog escaped your yard and the same accident happened you wouldn't allow someone to eat your dog unless it is your culture or beliefs. Unless I didn't know that the steak I was going to eat killed my uncle, I would have eaten it.

Unknown said...

I would still eat the cow. Just because my uncle Timmy died from the cow doesn't mean I shouldn't eat it. Yes I would feel sad of his death but it must have been his time to go. He should of payed attention to road while driving, and plus I wouldn't want to die from not eating.

Anonymous said...

No I would eat that specific because he was hit by a car and my Uncle died with that cow and i will remember my Uncle along while eating that cow. But I would continue to eat cow im sure if my uncle Timmie wouldn't have died with the cow he would have ate the cow.

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt eat steak from that cow that caused my uncle to die because it would feel weird and wrong to me and i would be reminded of my uncle's death. I probably would never eat steak again.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't eat the steak from the cow because that cow caused my uncles death.It would feel so wrong to eat it and it would make me think about my uncle to much . I wouldn't even eat another steak ever.

Unknown said...

I would eat the cow because it would be a waste not to. Uncle Timmie was a great uncle who will be remembered dearly, however, his death would not stop me from eating perfectly good steak. Sorry for Uncle Timmie but we all have to eat.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't eat the steak! To eat from the very thing that just killed my uncle would be terrible! That would be something that would live with me for the rest of my life.

Joi Waller said...

Though I would definitely be upset about Uncle Timmie, I would still eat the steaks. It would be wasteful not to take the steaks. Even if I did not eat them, I could give it to someone who needs it.That way there would be at least some good from poor Uncle Timmie's ordeal.

Unknown said...

No, I wouldn't eat the steaks that caused Uncle Timmie's death because I don't want it to remind me of how he died.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I would not eat the cow. I couldn't see my self knowingly enjoying a meal prepared of something that ultimately cost my uncle his life. Also simply because of the fact that I do not eat beef.

Unknown said...

I would still eat the cow because i really wouldn't have a reason not to. Although Uncle Timmie passed away i'm sure he wouldn't want my family & I to starve ourselves. He will be remembed & in our hearts forever, but, i wouldn't allow his death to stop me from eating. Cows die, People die, and honestly it was Uncle Timmie's fault.

Alize' Mccoy said...

No, I Wouldnt Eat I Because I Dont Like Steak &

Raven Williams said...

I would eat the cow that caused Uncle Timmie's death, because its a good source of protein and if I don't eat it someone else might.

Unknown said...

No I wouldn't eat the steak from the cow because I would be too upset about my Uncle Timmie's death and I wouldn't be able to eat any beef reminding me of my uncle's death.

Anonymous said...

Yes I would eat the cow because at the end of day its still food. if I ate the cow it would not be for revenge because it is not the cow fault for uncle timmies death.

Alaja Fletcher said...

Yes, I would still eat the steaks that came from the cow that caused uncle Timmie's life. Unfortunately I was eating steak before uncle Timmie died and I will continue to eat steak. I believe that poor cow had no idea that he would be endangering himself, and uncle Timmie, therefore I would not feel bad or stop eating steak because of the incident.

Unknown said...

It's does not matter because the cow being in their road is not on the cow but on their owner of them cow. I would still eat them cow because l like steak.

Unknown said...

Yes, i would've ate the steak because it's food why not eat it. I still would've ate it because the chicken ain't do nothing to harm uncle timmie, it wasn't the chicken fought it was the fogg from the window that made him crash and die. I know some people say no that they wouldn't eat the steak because of uncle timmie death, but when someone die your depressed anyway so you would basically eat anything.

Unknown said...

No, because highly doubt some would serve road kill as a steak. Also I fell as it is disrespectful to eat an animal that caused the death of a another human being