- Women are not treated well in The Color Purple. Is their treatment a gender or an ethnic identity issue or both?
- Is Alice Walker sexist because the men in her story are almost universally mean? Should she have placed more emphasis on race rather than gender?
- Is it important that Nettie’s exile took place in Africa?
- Does it add or detract from the story that Celie – an uneducated woman writes sporadically and narrates the novel?
It is with great pleasure that I teach English Language Arts and Literature to all of you. I'm passionate about my content area and the idea of enriching minds through communications arts. I have a world of knowledge to share and a desire to make change through constant effective mentorship. My work is to guide students into becoming lifelong learners and explorers by preparing high school students to read, write and think on a college level.
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Extra Credit
Watch the movie The Color Purple and answer the following questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment